The next gathering of the EDUPUB community will take place in Phoenix, Arizona (USA) on February 26 and 27, 2015. A preliminary program is now available, and registration is open. The summit will launch the implementation phase of EDUPUB, a cross-organizational initiative to develop a comprehensive open platform for next-generation learning content based on EPUB 3, IMS standards for learning environment integration, and the overall Open Web Platform. Bookending the summit day (Tburs., Feb. 26) are co-located IMS Global Quarterly Meeting (Mon.-Tues. Feb. 23-24, open to IMS members only), bootcamps for IMS Caliper Analytics and LTI standards (Wed. Feb 25), and an IDPF workplan meeting focused on the content-related aspects of EDUPUB (Fri. Feb. 26). The Wed, Thurs, and Fri events A la carte registration is available, with a nominal charge of $250 for the Thurs/Fri EDUPUB events and $200 for the Wed Caliper/LTI bootcamps .A $50 discount for each event is available for members of EDUPUB partner organizations (BISG, DAISY Consortium, IDPF, IMS Global, Readium Foundation, W3C). Limited space is available so reserve your seat today and participate in the defining the open platform for education content.
Meeting objectives include:
- Recap results to date of EDUPUB initiative
- Launch the implementation phase for EDUPUB compatible content and learning environment integration.
- Plan certification programs for EDUPUB content and learning environment integration
- Showcase current and upcoming EDUPUB compatible solutions
- Discuss the business equation for EDUPUB including how EDUPUB will enable a quantum leap in efficacy and scalability of next-generation digital content in learning environments
- Analyze remaining capability gaps and begin the dialog with industry experts/adopting organizations on the roadmap for future EDUPUB enhancements.
- Further development of EPUB EDUPUB profile and related development (EPUB 3.1)
The meeting is hosted courtesy of University of Phoenix at the Sperling Center (1625 Fountainhead Pkwy, Tempe, Arizona).